Certifications, a commitment to excellence
FYCMA maintains a number of obligations related in a transversal way to both management and business activity. Said policy is mainly carried out through the certification and affiliation with management systems to assure their public of their commitment to the highest standards of quality and excellence.
Workplace health and safety
- UNE 0066-19 Jun 2020 Turismo MICE. Safe Tourism Certified
Awarded by the Institute for Spanish Tourism Quality (ICTE). This tourist badge guarantees and certifies that FYCMA has correctly implemented the Health Risk Prevention System in compliance with COVID-19 and accredits compliance with the UNE 0066 Technical Specification. The venue has promoted a rigorous event activity protocol so that organisers, exhibitors, suppliers, participants and attendees can carry out their activities with full guarantees. In this way, FYCMA has adequately established the measures and recommendations dictated in these terms for the tourism sector.
- OHSAS 18001: Management of Workers’ Health and Safety
FYCMA is aware of the importance of working conditions and the health and safety of employees and partners, thus promoting initiatives aimed at the effective improvement of these conditions and compliance with the duties and obligations established by the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Awarded in December 2013.
- FYCMA, Cardio-insured Area
FYCMA is the first trade fairs and congress center of Andalusia that has received the badge of cardio-insured area, granted by the Public Health Emergencies Company 061. This recognition confirms that the enclosure meets the requirements in training and installation of semi-automatic external defibrillators in its facilities and has trained personnel to act immediately in case of witnessing a cardiorespiratory arrest, adding synergies to the subsequent assistance by the health emergency teams, with the objectives of reducing mortality and sequelae through excellent performance initial.
- Healthy organization
Issued by Bureau Veritas Certification. Endorses FYCMA’s commitment to protecting and enhancing people’s health and promoting healthy working environments. This certification responds to points 3 and 8 of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) of the United Nations agenda for 2030, with actions focused on the full well-being of the human team and on guaranteeing decent working conditions from the perspective of equality, conciliation and inclusion.
Learn more about the Healthy Company Policy.
- ISO 20121 Sustainability Management Systems for Events: FYCMA proves the existence of a management system to improve their environmental performance and shows their commitment to the promotion of methods for managing sustainability, including the efficient consumption of resources such as water and energy or the production of solid waste to be treated, which contributes, therefore, to reducing their impact on the environment and the effect of their business activity on biodiversity. Awarded in January 2018.
Learn more about FYCMA as a sustainable space and the commitment to comprehensive sustainability at trade fairs and events.
- FYCMA is adhered to the United Nations Global Compact. Therefore, the Malaga centre is part of an international commitment developed by the United Nations (UN) for companies and institutions to comply with and implement 10 principles related to human rights, labour standards, environment and anti-corruption. Every year a progress report updating the information related to the main aspects of the Global Compact is issued.
Consult last FYCMA’s Progress Report.
- ISO 9001 Quality Management: Basis of all other certifications that establish the principles of continuous improvement, customer focus and management. Awarded in February 2010.
- Q for Tourist Quality from the ICTE, now UNE 187004: The Institute for Spanish Tourist Quality (ICTE) awards the Quality Mark Q in recognition of differentiation, reliability and rigour to certified tourist establishments. Awarded in December 2008.
- SICTED (Integrated Quality System Spanish Tourist Destination). The Tourism Area of Málaga city Townhall is betting decidedly on the quality of tourist establishments and services of the city.
- Q for Quality from the AFE: Certification granted by the Spanish Trade Fair Association (AFE) in recognition of the implementation of a Quality System, exclusive for members, as a guarantee of quality institutions and companies in the field of trade fairs.
Discover FYCMA’S quality policy.
Environmental and energy
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management: FYCMA has an obligation to carry out their business activity with a minimum effect on the environment through good practices in their work procedures. FYCMA actually goes beyond what the legislation requires by keeping environmental aspects under control. Awarded in February 2010.
- ISO 50001 Energy Management System: Energy Management System: Spreading good practice in the energy management of FYCMA’s business activity through consumption control, searching for more efficient solutions and optimising the allocation of resources. Awarded in January 2012 the UNE-EN 16001.
Take a look at our environmental and energy policy.
- UNE 170001: Universal Accessibility: FYCMA is committed to developing and adapting their facilities and services so that they can be enjoyed by all people regardless of their abilities. Awarded in December 2008.
Learn more about FYCMA as an accessible space.
- ISO 27001: Information security
FYCMA has recently renewed this certificate proving the commitment of the exhibition centre management to guarantee the highest security standards in the treatment of their own as well as third-party information. The development of data security generally consists of protecting information against loss of confidentiality, integrity or availability, both accidentally and intentionally. Awarded in June 2009.
Learn more about the Information Security at FYCMA.